Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
• 〈 Our Privacy and Cookies Policy [INSERT LINK TO POLICY], which sets out information about the cookies on our site and the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
If you purchase tickets for any of our events via our site, you will be taken to www.residentadvisor.net (“RA”). RA is our official ticketing partner and all ticket sales will be conducted by RA.
When purchasing tickets for our events you will be subject to the terms and conditions of RA and you should ensure that you are familiar with those terms and conditions. All payment transactions are conducted by RA, through their payment processors. We have no access to payment card transactions or details.
Tickets remain our property and constitute a personal licence to you, which can be withdrawn and admission refused at any time prior to an event. Promoters and event managers have the right to refuse admission to any event.
Tickets purchased by you are for personal use and are not for resale, advertising or promotional purposes.
Tickets are sold subject to our right to alter or vary an event without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. You must present your ticket at the venue on the day of the event. Entry will not be granted without a genuine ticket. A ticket only guarantees you entry if you comply with the regulations at the event including time of admission, standards of behaviour and health and safety.
Please familiarise yourself with our Event Terms and Conditions, which can be found on this page below and which set out in detail the terms and conditions of our events and festivals.
Information about us
www.51ststatefestival.com is a site operated by Mad Husky Events Ltd ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10481566 and have our registered office at Mad Husky Events Ltd, PO BOX 72969, London, N7 1EH.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• 〈 use of, or inability to use, our site; or
• 〈 use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
• 〈 loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• 〈 business interruption;
• 〈 loss of anticipated savings;
• 〈 loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• 〈 any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of tickets to you, which will be set out in the Resident Advisor terms and conditions (http://www.residentadvisor.net/shop/terms.aspx) and your attendance at our events – details of which can be found on this page below.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Event & Festival Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to all 51st State Festival events (an “Event”).
“51st State”, “our”, “us” or “we” means Mad Husky Events Ltd, PO BOX 72969, London, N7 1EH. We are the organiser and promoter of the Events.
1. 1. Terms and Tickets
1. 1.1 Tickets for Events can only be bought via our official ticketing partner Resident Advisor therefore these Terms and Conditions should be read in accordance with the Resident Advisor terms and conditions which are available on the Resident Advisor website at the following link http://www.residentadvisor.net/shop/terms.aspx. If there are any inconsistencies between the Resident Advisor terms and conditions and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
2. 1.2 Tickets bought from unauthorised ticket sellers are not valid and will not be accepted. To be safe and to avoid obtaining and unauthorised ticket, you should not buy tickets from unofficial sources or touts
4. 1.4 You will only be admitted to an Event with a valid ticket.
5. 1.5 Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable, other than as provided in the Resident Advisor terms and conditions or if:
1. 1.5.1 The Event is cancelled;
2. 1.5.2 The Event is moved to another date; or
3. 1.5.3 There is a significant change to the Event after you have purchased your ticket.
6. 1.6 Damaged or defaced tickets will not be accepted. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged tickets.
7. 1.7 Tickets are sold subject to our right to alter or vary the Event line up. We reserve all our rights in that regard.
8. 2. Age
9. 2.1 You must be 18 years old or over to attend our events. Photographic proof of identity must be provided on request at the venue you are attending.
10. 2.2 At our own discretion we operate a ‘Challenge 25’ policy. If you look under 25 years old then the staff at our venues may ask you for photographic proof of identity when you buy alcohol. Please bring photographic proof of identity to show you are over 18 years old. If you do not we may not serve you alcohol. Please enjoy alcohol responsibly.
11. 2.3 We accept the following forms of photographic proof of identity:
• valid, in-date Passport;
• valid, in-date Driver’s License or Provisional License Plus the following cards (part of the PASS Scheme);
• in-date VALIDATE UK card;
• in-date CitizenCard;
12. 3. Event
13. 3.1 Events are subject to licence.
14. 3.2 We (and the our venue staff) reserve the right to refuse entry and to eject you from any Events, this includes for reasons relating to health and safety, licensing, if you are displaying threatening, abusive or anti-social behaviour, if you appear to be acting under the influence of drugs, if you are found in possession of drugs, liquids (including eye drops or nose sprays), illegal weapons, “legal” highs or gas canisters, or if you do not comply with security’s requests.
15. 3.3 There is strictly no re-admittance to Events.
16. 3.4 Please be aware strobe lighting may be used during our Events.
17. 3.5 Please be aware our Events are loud and you may wish to bring suitable hearing protection.
18. 3.6 By attending an Event you give you express consent to your actual likeness being included in a film, photograph and/or audio-visual recording of the Event to be exploited throughout the world.
19. 4. Drugs Policy
We operate a zero-tolerance drugs policy. If you are found in possession of illegal drugs or gas canisters you will be ejected from the Event without refund and re-entry will not be permitted.
1. 5. Search
Full searching is a condition of entry to our Events. We (and owners of the venues we use) reserve the right to conduct security searches throughout the Event and confiscate items that are not allowed under the Terms and Conditions.
1. 6. Restricted Items
The following items are not allowed at our Events. If you are found in possession of any of these items then you will be removed: professional audio/video recording devices, drones/remote control aircraft/toys, promotional marketing materials, “legal highs”, drugs & drugs paraphernalia, animals (except assistance animals), fireworks/explosives, instruments, knives or illegal weapons, laser pens, marker pens, items with an open flame (including but not limited to BBQs, camp fires and gas fires) or your own food or drink.
1. 7. Disabled / Assistance Dogs
2. 7.1 If you have specific requirements relating to a disability please contact us in advance of an Event and we will try to cater for your needs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org setting out your requirements.
1. 7.2 Assistance Dogs are permitted to our events but please email email@example.com in advance of the Event if you intent to bring an Assistance Dog and we will try to cater for your needs.
2. 8. Smoking
Normal statutory rules apply. Smoking is not permitted in venues, big tops or tents or where ‘No Smoking’ signage is displayed. Failure to observe these rules may result in ejection from an Event.
1. 9. Final Entry Time
Details of the final entry time for an Event will be provided on our website prior to the Event.
1. 10. Set Times
Advertised set times are subject to change.
1. 11. Liability
2. 11.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes our (or our partners’ or agents’) liability for:
1. 11.1.1 death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
2. 11.1.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
3. 11.1.3 any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
1. 11.2 Subject to clause 11.1 above, you agree that we (or our partners or agents) shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions for:
1. 11.2.1 loss of profits;
2. 11.2.2 loss of sales or business;
3. 11.2.3 loss of agreements or contracts;
4. 11.2.4 loss of anticipated savings;
5. 11.2.5 loss of or damage to reputation goodwill;
6. 11.2.6 loss of use or corruption of software, data or information; or
7. 11.2.7 any indirect or consequential loss.
1. 11.3 For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond our control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. We will not be liable to you for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
1. 11.4 Save as provided in clause 1.5, we will not have any liability to you whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with an of our Events or any cancellation of an Event, or change to the advertised line up including, without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the Event or the cancellation of the Event.
1. 11.5 We shall not be liable for the acts or omissions of the operators of any partner venues we use, for any personal injury suffered at a venue (unless due to the act or omissions of us or the venue) or any loss, theft or damage to your property at a venue (unless due to the act or omissions of the Promoter).
2. 12. Waiver
No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms and Conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
1. 13. Severance
If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
1. 14. No partnership or agency
2. 14.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between any of the parties, constitute any party the agent of another party, or authorise any party to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of any other party.
3. 14.2 Each party confirms it is acting on its own behalf and not for the benefit of any other person.
4. 15. Third Party Rights
No one other than a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
1. 16. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
1. 17. Jurisdiction
The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.